Monday, October 21, 2013

Back on the wagon

Now that Beckham is 6 weeks old, I feel like it's time to get back into shape! It would be nice to fit into more than the few things that fit me right now. My clothes options are just sad at the moment. I've lost quite a bit of my pregnancy weight, which happens pretty easily when 10 lbs of that is baby :) I am definitely not where I want to be, though, and would like to lose another 40 pounds to be where I feel most comfortable. But, more than wanting to look better, I want to feel better and I want my kids to see me working to get in shape. It's my job as their mom to teach them about being healthy and making healthy choices. My weight is something I have always struggled with. In high school, I struggled with eating..as in, I would go a long time without eating. I lost a lot of weight, but I was not healthy at all. While I don't starve myself anymore, I do still struggle with eating and body image. I don't want my kids to see that as they grow up! Aside from all of that, I want to be healthy so that I can enjoy my kids. I want to be around as they grow up. Being healthy is one of the best things I can do for my family.

Anyway...so today I woke up earlier than usual and got in a workout. Yesterday, we went grocery shopping and bought healthy food. I told Bryan my cart looked SO much healthier than it usually does!

I'm trying to get into a better routine in more than working out. Some days, I find we get distracted and don't finish everything we need to during the day. So, today, I got up and worked out and then started breakfast and school right away. We finished all of school by 11:30 and I was able to do some laundry, watch a movie, hang out with the boys and read some of my book! That is a much better day than being lazy all morning and then having to do school at 3:00 or before bed. We all love getting it done early, so I WILL keep this schedule up. I may have to find a way to go to the gym for my workouts, though. Doing it at home this morning was not easy. My 30 minute workout took an hour after stopping to comfort a fussy baby and then to nurse because he decided he was hungry :) I think getting to the gym would make my workouts much more efficient. We'll see if I can get up early enough for that :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, when I get up and around in the morning, I feel so much better but man do I ever love to hit that snooze button!!

    ReplyDelete