Monday, April 13, 2015

I guess it's time for an update :)

Well, it's been a year since my last post, so I guess I should update and maybe actually continue to post :)

A lot has happened since my last post! Bryan's job relocated us to Hot Springs in July. It has been a rough transition, honestly. I think we are all a little lonely here and praying for some good friends for all of us. Hot Springs is a really pretty area and it's been fun getting to know our new town that will most likely be our home for many, many more years!

Last October we found out we were expecting another baby. What a wonderful surprise that was! In November, I started having some problems and went to the ER. After a very long ultrasound, and lots of waiting, we were told our sweet baby had no heartbeat. I was 9 weeks pregnant at that point, but our baby measured only 6 weeks and 5 days. It was a very devastating day. It was a very painful time, physically and emotionally. I feel very strongly that this baby was our baby girl. God has given me much peace on that, and I'm so thankful for that. We named her Evelyn. I miss her everyday and get sad knowing that she should be joining our family in just 9 short weeks. I very much look forward to the day I get to meet my daughter in Heaven. I will never hold her in my arms, but I love her as much as my other children and am thankful for even just the very short life she had with us.

Something good has come from that...after 3 months of sadness, we found out in February that we are expecting again! So far, everything is healthy. I am 16 weeks and in 3 days we will find out if we are having a boy or girl. I'm strongly leaning toward a boy :) Many think it is time for us to have a girl, but I have no preference. I'm just so thankful for a healthy baby that I cannot wait to hold!

The other boys are growing so much! We are 2 weeks away from finishing our 2nd year of homeschooling. I am so thankful God led us to this path. Homeschooling has been such a blessing to our family. I love seeing my kids learn and teaching them knew things. Some days, I could really use some quiet time, but overall I LOVE spending my days with!

Cade will be 8 in just 2 1/2 months. How has that happened?? I can't believe he will be starting 3rd grade! He was able to take an art class towards the end of last year. He loved that and I'm looking forward to getting him into another one soon! He has improved so much in school this year. He loves reading. He has started going through more chapter books than we get at the library, so he's always asking to go back because head ran out of books to read. He loves grammar and history and science and anything to do with animals! He can tell you more about bears than you would ever want to know. We're still working on gaining a love for math with him, though ;)

Liam is finishing up Kindergarten. He is reading so well now. I remember at the first of the year I was worried he would never even remember his letters. He has really taken off now! He is so good with Beckham. He and Beckham run around the living room being crazy, which usually ends in one of them getting hurt :) I love seeing him he such a great big brother.

Speaking of Beckham..he has grown so much! He's talking a lot and is as cute as ever. He's very attached to mama and is still nursing..more than when he was a newborn, it seems! I'm not sure how to even begin weaning him..I may be nursing 2 babies when this one is born! He brings so much joy to our family...always ready to laugh and play and give lots of hugs and kisses. All I have to do is look at him and he makes me smile. I'm so thankful for him! What a blessing he is!

I have much more to write, but I will save it for next time. And hopefully next time will not be another year!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Audrey, it was good to catch up with you. My heart aches for the loss of Evelyn, and I pray for healing each and everyday. I know you will get to meet her one day and I pray that offers comfort. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I pray for a healthy and happy baby and a healthy mom throughout the duration, too. I hope for another update as things progress.

    ReplyDelete