Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Date night!

Every Tuesday night, we go to Eureka Springs so that Cade and Liam can spend a few hours with their dad. While they are with him, Bryan and I get a date night. Unfortunately, everything is always closed when we are there. Everything in that town is closed by 7 at the latest! So, mostly our date nights have just been us walking up and down the road window shopping for 2 hours. While that may not seem exciting, it is nice to just have those few hours without kids to just spend some time together.

Bryan and I have decided it's time to get back in shape! We have started the Couch to 5K program. This is the program I used when I started running before and it got me in shape quickly. I feel like my eating has been much better lately. I've really been focusing on trying to eat vegan as much as possible. But, I know that diet isn't all it takes. We HAVE to work out if we want to see real results. We started C25K Monday night. We decided last night for our date night, we would do day 2. Instead of just walking around town, we did a workout. It was great! I think using a date night to work out is a great way to spend a date. After our run, we went to New Dehli Cafe because they have options on their menu that are vegan friendly. It's important to plan ahead when you are trying to live a healthy lifestyle. I knew early in the day that is where I wanted to eat. Otherwise, we would have gone somewhere that I most likely would not have made a healthy choice for dinner.

So, if you're looking for a fun date idea, work out together! You'll get in better shape and have fun together at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment