Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

We had a great Thanksgiving. We were able to go over to visit family on both my mom and my dad's side. We had Thanksgiving lunch with my dad's side of the family. It's always great to be able to see them. The boys had a great time, and Cade helped make the chicken and dumplings. He loved that! I think I will get him in the kitchen to help me cook a little more often! They were the best dumplings I've ever had :)

After being stuffed from lunch, we went to have Thanksgiving dinner with my mom's side of the family. I can't remember the last time I've had that much food in one day. After dinner, Bryan spent some time playing music with my grandma. He really enjoyed it and I know she did, too.

We left Friday morning. We drove 3 1/2 hours back to Harrison, picked up Scoop, dropped Isaac off with his mom and then we were on the road again. We had to drop the boys off with their dad and then made our way to Heavener, which is where my parents live for now. We spent about 7 hours in the car on Friday. It was a very long day. This weekend we are at my parents getting their kitchen table, refrigerator and buffet. I'm so excited to get it home and start rearranging our house! "New" furniture is always fun.

Now that Thanksgiving is over, I'm excited to start celebrating Christmas. We have a few presents bought for the boys. In a couple of weeks we are having a Christmas party with friends. This is my favorite time of year! I just want to slow down and enjoy it this year. I know this is going to be the best Christmas we have had in several years!

Here are a few pictures from our Thanksgiving weekend:


No comments:

Post a Comment