Thursday, February 28, 2013

Birth Plan

Leaving my last doctor appointment, I felt very uneasy with where I was getting prenatal care. I have just had an uneasy feeling since starting there. So, I started looking at other options. I had a friend recommend a midwife in this area. I called her on Monday and met with her today. I felt so comfortable with her, and like I would be in good hands. So, we decided to switch my prenatal care to her.

We have also made the decision to have a home birth. Now, this is something I thought I would NEVER have a desire to do. But, I have been researching lately and I have in my head the type of birth I want. I feel like I won't get that in a hospital setting. I'm excited to do this in the comfort of my house, with my body being the judge of how long it takes to give birth. In a hospital, a lot of times if you are not progressing at the speed they want you to, pitocin will be started. I have nothing against that, if that is the route you choose. In fact, I had pitocin and an epidural with Cade and Liam and they were very easy deliveries. Liam did have some problems with the pitocin. It caused his heart rate to go crazy and they kept having to turn off the meds to allow him to "rest." This time around, I'm very much looking forward to a natural birth, letting my body do what it needs to. I've never felt a contraction...so I am a little nervous :) I know this will be completely different from my other births, but I'm so excited to do this.

I cannot wait to meet our sweet baby girl or boy. I already love this baby so much and can't wait to have our family grow!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I talked to the midwife today, and she said if it isn't bothering me, then it should be fine. I called the other doctor office to see if I could push back my ultrasound to check on it for another 3 weeks or so and just do it when we do the gender ultrasound, so I'm waiting to hear back on that :)

      Delete
  2. if we have another I'm totally thinking about a water birth, I've learned so much in the last few months from the Crunchy Moms group I'm in and it definitely sounds like something I could do... if I can get Hubs on board and get past the "what if" anxiety ;) I'm really comfortable with the midwife at my OBGYN's office, but I think she only delivers in the hospital. glad you found someone you feel good about!!

    ReplyDelete