Sunday, February 17, 2013

New Beginnings

I started a new devotional study with You Version called New Beginnings. I'm only on day one and it has already really started speaking to me. This is my blog, so I'm going to be honest, because I want to remember parts of my life when God is trying to teach me something.

I moved to Harrison in August. To say it has been easy for me would be a lie. I've cried more than once during pity parties that I throw for myself. I love my husband so much, so the move to be here with him is worth it. But, it hasn't been easy. I struggle almost every day. I lived in Northwest Arkansas for 7 years. That is the longest I have ever lived anywhere. I consider NWA home. When I moved to Harrison, I left my friends, my church, my kids' friends. It's been hard for me to find my place in Harrison. I don't really have many friends here and I get very lonely. In NWA, I had stay-at-home mom friends that would come over during the day. We would get to talk and our kids would play. I was a part of the single mom's group at my church. It is an amazing group of ladies that I love dearly now. Finding where I fit in here in my new town has been hard.

Through my first day of this devotion, God is showing  me that He has me here because He loves me and He has a plan for me. There is a reason I'm in Harrison. I'm now praying that God will show me where He wants me and that He will bring that friend or friends that I need and that I so much want in my life. I know it's going to get better, and I'm going to try to stop the pity parties, but I'm not making any promises that it will never happen again :) Trusting God is not always an easy thing to do, but I know He has a good plan for my life and will show me where I need to be and where I fit in this new town.

2 comments:

  1. If I was a stay at home mom, I would so meet you at the park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we can hang out sometime. If we ever get our new place settled, we would love to have people over for dinner! Unpacking has been slow going!

      Delete