Saturday, February 16, 2013

Preschool

This was my first week doing preschool with Liam. He loves it. Every morning, he is begging to do school. We usually finish in about an hour...he would do school for 4 hours if I had enough stuff to keep him occupied for that long! I'm amazed at how much he has already learned in just the first week. He's learning his letters and the sound they make. He's been doing HIPPY (which is kind of preschool. Someone comes to our house each week and brings me the lessons for the week.) Anyway, I feel like the HIPPY lessons are a little below his level and he hasn't learned much. So, he is loving the more challenging work. I've also learned a lot that will help me as I'm homeschooling both of the boys next year. One thing I learned... I need to be more organized! I was a little overwhelmed this week just because of my lack of organization, so I'm going into next week more prepared! It will be a learning process for all of us, but I'm so excited about it! And, Cade can't wait to start next year. I have his curriculum figured out for next year. I have some other friends homeschooling, so I'll list that curriculum here to help you if you are looking for something!

Hooked on Phonics - Reading
Handwriting without Tears - Handwriting
Math-U-See - Math
Exploring Creation (Still deciding between Anatomy and Astronomy. We'll do whichever one Cade decides he wants to do first.) - Science
Positive Action for Christ - Bible
Art Treasury - Art

Confessionsofahomeschooler.com has a US Geography curriculum that looks fun, but I think for our first "semester" we will stick this, and then if we want to add in more, we will do the Geography. We may save that for the next year, though.

With Liam, right now I am doing the Pre-K curriculum from Confessions of a Homeschooler. Next year, I will do the K-4 from the same place.

Here are a few pictures from our first week:

He's working on learning to hold his pencil the correct way.

Doing some math.

Do-A-Dots are so much fun! Both of the boys loved making things with these this week.



I really wish I had a room or better area to use for homeschooling. This is just set up at the back of our living room. It works but it's hard to keep things organized here. I need to find some organization ideas to make this space work better for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment